for a cake pan of 26-28 cm diameter
Lightning cake dough
- 300 g white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 13/4 dl / 175 ml water
- 3/4 dl / 75 ml olive oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 400 g spinach
- Pepper from the mill
- 100 g Schabziger, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl / 100 ml cream / cream
- For the dough, mix flour and salt. Bring water to a boil, remove pan from heat source, add olive oil, whisk with a hand blender for 1 minute until liquid emulsifies. Add emulsion to flour, combine everything into a dough, do not knead. Allow flash dough to cool a little, roll out between sheets of cling film, remove one sheet, turn dough out into greased tray, remove second sheet. Refrigerate tray for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil, add spinach and let it collapse, season with pepper, drain in a colander, gently squeeze spinach. Mix spinach and Schabziger.
- Spread spinach on the dough base. Mix eggs and cream, pour over the top.
- Place spinach pie in the middle of the oven, bake at 200 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes, the last 5 minutes with bottom heat only. Serve hot.
Replace flash cake batter with store-bought cake batter.