Puff pastry pockets with kohlrabi leek filling
for 10 to 12 dumplings
- 200 g kohlrabi or carrots or celeriac
- 150 g leeks
- 50 g Schabziger, grated
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Peel ground kohlrabi, shave on the hash brown grater. Remove tough bracts from leeks, cut stems in half lengthwise, cut crosswise into strips. Steam kohlrabi and leek until soft. Allow to cool.
- Mix vegetables, Schabziger and rapeseed oil, season well.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Roll out puff pastry about 2 mm thick, cut 10 to 12 squares of the same size. Spread the filling in the center of the squares. Brush edges with water, fold squares into triangles, brush with egg yolk. Place dumplings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the tray in the middle of the oven, bake the dumplings at 220 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve with a carrot or rim salad or a colorful leaf salad.